Open registration for our Summer Semester will begin April 15.
- Anyone may enroll for an age-appropriate camp.
- There are no auditions necessary.
- All camps have a maximum enrollment of 12 and a minimum of 6.
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. If enrollment for a particular camp fills, we will create a “waiting list” and notify you if there is a cancellation.
- Payment or deposit must be made at the time of registration. If payment is not received within 24 hours of registering, enrollment will NOT be guaranteed.
- A completed registration form and signed medical release is required for all students.
Any questions? Email Lisa Formosa-Parmigiano, Director of Education
TUITION & PAYMENT INFORMATION
Tuition for Summer Camps range between $95-$275, and include a Student Membership.
Tuition for Teen Shakespeare Workshop includes Student Membership and a T-Shirt.
All online registrations carry a $3 processing fee.
Second Child – $10 off the tuition of the second (or third, or fourth ….) child enrolled.
Multi-Camp Discount – $10 off total (one student enrolled in two or more different camps).
* 5% Shakespeare Discount – for currently enrolled in Fall, 2022 and/or Spring, 2023 Students ($261.25)
Withdraw BEFORE attending first class of any camp = $25 withheld.
Withdraw BETWEEN first & third class of at least a two-week camp = 50% will be withheld.
Withdraw AFTER the second class for any camp = NO refund given.
Camps that encourage the creative performer – those drawn to telling stories, singing, being in front of a group and creating a character. Offerings range from 1-2 weeks and accommodate ages 6-17.
Youngsters will have a wonderful week getting introduced to the theatre and stepping on stage! A fun-filled, no pressure introduction to acting or short refresher. The final class includes a staged “performance,” complete with Certificate Ceremony.
A stimulating opportunity for young thespians to expand upon current skills and/or learn new techniques. A fun-filled, no pressure introduction to acting or short refresher. The one-week camp culminates in a short staged piece and Certificate Ceremony.
It’s never too late to explore your curiosity to be on stage! A fun-filled, no pressure introduction to acting or short refresher. The one-week camp culminates in a short staged piece and Certificate Ceremony.
Log off the screens and see how much fun you can have working together with your peers to create hilarious moments! Explore the concepts of improvisations through games and scenes in an incredibly supportive atmosphere. Laughing and fun are guaranteed! Certificates of completion awarded at final camp. Improv 2 is an advanced continuation. Signing up for both includes a discount!
Continue working together with your peers to create hilarious moments! Deeper exploration of improvisation through games and scenes in an incredibly supportive atmosphere. Laughing and fun are guaranteed! Certificates of completion awarded at final camp.
More info here
Fascinated with the lights and sound while watching a play? This camp is for you! So, maybe you don’t want to be on stage but you want to be a part of the theatre. This week-long camp will provide specialized instruction as a “Booth Technician.” Training on our advanced computerized lighting board and sound system, students will learn how to identify, gel, hang and focus lighting instruments, mark designated cues in a sample script, program cues in the computerized board, and finally, apply their newly acquired skills in class. Anyone interested in becoming an Apprentice in our Mentor Program must first successfully complete either Lighting and/or Sound Booth Camp. Certificate of Completion Awarded on last day of camp.
Do you like clothes and fashion? This camp is for you! While exploring Costume Design, students brainstorm ideas, sketch their designs, learn to search for clothing in our extensive Costume Shop and begin to construct their projects. Throughout the week, students work with fabrics, colors, patterns, and styles while learning manual techniques like measuring, cutting, spacing, and hand stitching. Campers will be mentored and given the chance to help design costumes for the Shakespeare in Shorts and Teen Shakespeare Workshop productions. Certificate of Completion Awarded on last day of camp.
Ever wonder how zombies are made-up or how trolls, fairies and monsters are made to look that way? This camp is for you! Camp Make-Up is a fun, hands-on exploration into the world of stage and movie makeup. Activities include a variety of themes and styles, including fantasy, scars, special effects, age and character makeup. *Includes all materials used. Certificate of Completion Awarded on last day of camp.
This intensive workshop will focus on Shakespeare’s, JULIUS CAESAR. Students will be cast in roles, learn all aspects of acting in a production, including the use of the original language and iambic pentameter “clues,” along with historical references to clothing, style and behavior. A “Yard Show” will also be a part of the production, giving students the opportunity to re-create the atmosphere of The Globe Theatre of Shakespeare’s time, by performing as jugglers, clowns, and musicians. This workshop features two main-stage performances and pre-show participation in Chicago Street’s annual Shakespeare in The Park production in Central Park Plaza.
- MONDAYS & WEDNESDAYS – 3:00 TO 6:00 PM WITH LISA FORMOSA-PARMIGIANO, DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
- SESSION DATES: JUNE 5, 7, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 & JULY 5, 10, 12 & 14
- YARD SHOW PERFORMANCES IN CENTRAL PARK PLAZA – JULY 7 & 8 FROM 6-8:30 PM.
- TECH WEEK – JULY 17-20, EACH DAY FROM 5:00-8:00 PM
- PERFORMANCES IN THEATRE – JULY 21 @ 8:00 PM AND JULY 22 @ 2:30 PM.
- CERTIFICATE CEREMONY ON JULY 22 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PERFORMANCE, ON THE MAIN STAGE.
- PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE – $178.50 DEPOSIT DUE WITH REGISTRATION BY JUNE 1, $100 DUE JULY 1